I would like to thank you for the wonderful advice you’ve given on your website. We’re 2 couples travelling to Italy in October for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. However as we’ve bought tickets to fly in and out of Milan (MXP), it has been a headache planning our itinerary on what we should do and how we should do it. I would really appreciate any advice that you have to offer on where to stay and how to travel from point to point.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon. All advice is greatly appreciated, thanks once again.
Thank You & Best Regards,
Hi Isaac, apologies for my late reply to your mail, I was on a long business trip, with just no time for my blog!
However, this is your honey moon, so you may look for a more “romantic tour”, at a slower pace, October could be fantastically beautiful in the south of Italy and in that period you may find really cheap low costs flights (less than a high speed train if you are lucky!).
So what about something like:
– Milan >> Venice (by train)
– Venice Sicily (Catania), by low cost flight. Rent a car and visit Siracusa, Noto, Catania and Taormina. That’s off the beaten path, but you’ll not regret it, in my opinion
– From Sicily (Catania) flight to Naples. Amalfi coast + Capri
– From Naples to Rome (high speed train). Have a look at my posts for choosing what to see.
– From Rome to Milan (high speed train)
I skipped Florence & Tuscany, October may not be the best month (while you will find pretty warm climate in Sicily), and Tuscany deserves a trip on its own…